Uber Eats is a food delivery service launched by the Uber rideshare platform. It is an on-demand service where a customer orders for a meal through the Uber Eats app. if you want to just know uber eats driver requirements then jump to see requirements .
The app sends the request to the next available driver, who is near the restaurant. In your Uber driver app, the order appears as a pop-up notification. It shows you the location of the restaurant. You are supposed to accept the delivery request within 15-30 seconds.
On acceptance, more information on the pickup location will appear on your app. You will also see any other additional instructions. To contact the customer, you only need to tap a button.
- Uber Eats Driver Requirements
- Why Deliver For Uber Eats?
- How Does Uber Eat Work For Delivery Partners?
- Uber Eats Driver Faq
Uber saw the opportunity of the food delivery service after realizing that they have many drivers to drop food orders within cities worldwide.
Driving for the service is not hard. You get a notification of Uber Eats; drivers pick up the food and deliver it to the customer. After delivering the order, the payment becomes complete. You can also get tips, but it all depends on the customer.
Why Deliver for Uber Eats?
- Plan your work to suit your day’s schedule-when driving for Uber Eats; you have to plan your job depending on how busy or free you will be. You do not have strict timelines to follow and can work whenever you want. Whenever you feel like working, you only log into the app and wait for delivery requests. When you feel exhausted or like you have had enough for the day, you can as well log out. You can decide to work for long hours or just for a couple of hours in a day. Meaning that, you can do deliveries as a side hassle or on a part-time basis even as you pursue your other businesses.
- Flexible options of payment– The flexible payment options come in handy when you have bills to pay. You do not have to wait for the weekly payment as you can instantly access your payment, especially if you have the Instant Play. You need not worry about taking direct payment or carrying cash.
- Be your boss– Other can setting your work plan; you are also in control of your finances. You can work for more hours if and when you want more money. You can do deliveries and drive for Uber at the same time as long as you are eligible. Having both features can help maximize your potential earnings.
- Know your area-You also get to know the restaurants and the type of cuisines they serve. Remember you don’t know who your customer is; they could be college students or wealthy business people meaning that you have the opportunity to go to different restaurants.
- Efficient –It is a simple and efficient method where drivers get to earn from the delivery service in exchange for convenience.
Uber Eats Driver requirements
If you are seeking to deliver with Uber, you must meet all of the following qualifications first.
If using a car,
- You must have licensed driving experience, not less than a year.
- Your car must be a 1999 model or newer having a 2-door or 4-door
- Have a minimum of 19 years.
- Your driving license, vehicle registration number, and insurance must be valid.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Be able to pass a background check.
Depending on where you are, you have the option of making deliveries via a bike or scooter.
Bicycles —there are no specific requirements. Choose “Biking” as your transportation method when signing up. If planning to use a bike, ensure that you are at least 18 years old and have a valid state ID.
Scooters — for scooter, you must be at least 19 years old, with a motorized scooter and scooter insurance. You can use any make or model of a 2-wheel scooter. The scooter must have a motor of 50cc or less that travels no faster than 30 mph.
How does Uber Eat work for Delivery Partners?
Earning as an Uber delivery partner is extremely easy.
1. Sign Up for the Uber Eat App
You can sign up to be an Uber Eats driver in two ways;
If you are new to Uber, you need to begin the startup process by visiting the Uber website, Uber.com page. You will have to create your Uber account by filling in some basic information and submitting some documents such as your driving license, proof of insurance, and social security number for a basic background check. The background check usually takes a few days, after which you receive an email giving you the go-ahead to start your application. You will then download the Uber Eats app, log in, and start getting delivery notifications.
If you are already an Uber rideshare driver, you only need to sign up to be an Uber Eats driver. Open your Uber Driver app. Scroll down to where it reads, “Get More Requests by Upgrading to Delivery.”Select “Yes! I want to do the delivery!” Open your app menu and select “Account,” then choose “Vehicle Options.”
In both cases, you will then start to receive notifications to accept delivery terms and opt into delivery requests.
2. Receive and Complete a Delivery Request
You’ll receive start receiving delivery requests through your app when local users place nearby food orders.
As soon as you accept to deliver the order, you can be able to navigate to the restaurant using the in-app GPS instructions. You can check for Navigation apps in your app settings.
At the restaurant, tap the Pick up order” button at the bottom of the screen. A screen will appear showing the contents of the order, name of customer, and the order number. Show the restaurant staff the information.
They will give you the order once ready. Immediately you pick it up, inside the app, click the check mark to confirm that the order is with you.
After confirming, a “Start trip” button will appear. Click on the button to enable you to find GPS directions to the customer. On arrival, the app shows you whether to wait or walk to where the customer is. Click the ‘Confirm delivery’ button inside the app once you have done the delivery. Follow the instructions on the screen to rate the experience. Complete the order.
3. Earn Money
After completing the delivery, you’ll be able to see how much you made from the order. The amount will be added to the “Total Earnings” section on your Earnings tab. Tips from customers may be immediately or may apply within the next seven days.
Payment depends on the total cost of the order, and it may vary depending on the app’s pickup fee, drop-off fee, delivery fee, and mileage fee.
In cases where delivery demands are high, surge pricing can also apply. Small cart fees can also apply if users order less than a minimum amount.
You receive a direct deposit in your bank account by the following Tuesday. If you register your debit card with Instant Pay, you can cash out up to 5 times a day.
What happens if the customer cancels the order?
If you had already picked an order and the customer decides to cancel it, you need not worry. You will receive a payment equal to the pickup fee + drop-off fee + estimated mileage fee. Uber says to dispose of the food in any way you wish. Cancellations in other situations may not result in a payout.
Uber Eats Order Types
Whether or not to get out when dropping the order depends on the customer. When navigating to the customer, you will receive a label showing you how to complete the request. It could either be:
- Curbside drop deliveries: The customer comes to you. When you arrive at the customer’s location, they receive a notification through a text telling them to meet you at the curb. You do not have to get out of your vehicle. It is a convenient method for the driver as you do not have to search for a place to park.
- Deliver to door: This type of delivery is the most common for most food deliveries. On arrival at the customer’s location, you get out of your vehicle, walk where the customer is, and hand the food. You alert the customer in advance that you are almost arriving so that they wait for you or tell you a preferred spot where you can meet.
In summary, Uber Eats driver do the following:
- Pick up and deliver food to customers. You do not handle any payment.
- receive requests showing where to pick up and drop off the order
- can decide to do food deliveries only, or if you qualify can also do regular Uber rides
- Are paid a pickup fee, a drop off fee and for mileage from the pickup to the customer. Uber takes a 25% cut
- Can receive tip inside the Uber app, or in cash. You keep the whole amount of tips as issued by the customer.